September 3, 2021
Dear PSCFA Community,
Welcome to the 2021-2022 forensics season! It is time to get the competition year started at the PSCFA Warm-Up, an online synchronous tournament on October 2nd and 3rd, 2021. Like last year, the Warm Up will be hosted online using 8×8.
There are numerous reasons why your team should choose The Warm-Up to start off the competitive year. First, The Warm-Up is a great way to introduce students who are new to competitive collegiate forensics to the activity in a relaxed environment. It also allows returning students to ease into the new year. Second, it is a wonderful way to catch up with all of your forensics colleagues and meet coaches who are new to our region. Finally, it provides the opportunity to try out new topics and approaches to our activity. We hope you join us for our first tournament of the season!
- Registration is due by Tuesday, September 28th at 6:00 PM Pacific time on ForensicsTournament.net
- To prepare your competitors and judges for this online format, visit the PSCFA.org website and under the “Videos” tab, please review the “Online Tournaments” videos. These will be a huge ease to getting you comfortable competing and judging in this online space.
- Because this is an online tournament, slow internet speeds can cause issues for speakers, judges, and tournament staff. Test your internet speed on SpeakEasy.net. Anything less than 6 mbps upload/download will cause video/audio problems.
- We strongly recommend each school has judges on standby who are familiar with internet tournaments in case there are internet issues for their originally registered judges.
- The tournament will use synchronous video conferencing. Please see the Best Practices section of this invite for tips on how to effectively use the platform.
- We will offer four (4) rounds of Open, Junior, and Novice (divisions might be collapsed due to lack of entries) NFA-LD, NPDA and IPDA debate on Saturday. Sunday will offer the usual two (2) rounds of all PSCFA individual events for Open, Junior, and Novice competitors.
- The awards ceremony will be live-streamed on YouTube.
We look forward to seeing you at The Warm-Up! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact
Jacqueline Yu, Tournament Director, Irvine Valley College/Concordia University Irvine
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone/Text: 626-217-7768