PSCFA 2017 Fall Championships
October 24, 2017
On behalf of PSCFA, I am pleased to invite you to the PSCFA Fall Championship Tournament to be held on the campus of Moorpark College –December 1-3, 2017.
At the Fall Championship Tournament your students will be able to compete in:
- Novice, junior, and senior divisions of NFA-LD and IPDA on Friday, December 1st.
- On Saturday, we will offer rookie, novice, junior, and senior divisions of Parliamentary Debate and British Parliamentary Debate.
- On Sunday, we will offer novice, junior, and senior divisions of 12 individual events.
All entries are due by 6:00pm on Monday, November 27th, 2017.
YOU MUST USE THE WEB ENTRY SYSTEM. Visit http://www.forensicstournament.net to enter. Tournament Entry will be available beginning on Monday, November 6th.
Reader’s Theatre Workshop – Saturday, December 2nd 10:00 am All coaches and schools are invited to participate in a RT workshop. Distinguished former coaches will be conducting a workshop where participants are invited to bring in progress scripts or ideas.
A Few Important Reminders:
1) “FRED” Certification: All judges must be certified before judging; uncertified judges will not fulfill your team’s judging commitment. Re-certification must be completed annually. Please have your judges go to http://www.pscfa.org and click on the “FRED” link to certify.
2) Impromptu prompts: Per the discussion at the 2015 Coaches Conference, other prompts besides quotations may be used. These may include: Rhetorical Situations, Ethical Dilemmas, etc… Attached, please find more detailed tournament information, a description of tournament rules, and procedures and entry forms. Please refer to the PSCFA Handbook for the newest information on Rules, available at www.pscfa.org.
If you have any questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hosting you on our campus very soon!