November 10, 2016
On behalf of PSCFA, we are pleased to invite you to the PSCFA Fall Championship Tournament to be held at Orange Coast College, in Costa Mesa, California on December 2-4, 2016.
At the Fall Championship Tournament your students will be able to compete in:
- Novice, junior, and senior divisions of NFA-LD and IPDA on Friday, December 2nd.
- On Saturday, we will offer rookie, novice, junior, and senior divisions of Parliamentary Debate and British parliamentary Debate.
- On Sunday, we will offer novice, junior, and senior divisions of 12 individual events.
Orange Coast College has secured extra access to our guest WiFi; however, we anticipate that the number of users will exceed our server’s capacity. We recommend that, when possible, schools bring their own HotSpot and refrain from non-tournament-related internet usage.
All entries are due by 6:00pm on Monday, November 28, 2016. YOU MUST USE THE WEB ENTRY SYSTEM. Visit http://www.forensicstournament.net to enter. Tournament Entry will be available beginning on Monday, November 14.
A Few Important Reminders:
1) “FRED” Certification: All judges must be certified before judging; uncertified judges will not fulfill your team’s judging commitment. Re-certification must be completed annually. Please have your judges go to www.pscfa.org and click on the “FRED” link to certify.
2) Optional donations for “Going Coastal” So Cal Phi Rho Pi, hosted by Irvine Valley College in Costa Mesa, CA, will be accepted at Fall Champs.
3) Impromptu prompts: Per the discussion at the 2015 Coaches Conference, other prompts besides quotations may be used.
Attached, please find more detailed tournament information, a description of tournament rules, and procedures and entry forms. Please refer to the PSCFA Handbook for the newest information on Rules, available at www.pscfa.org.
If you have any questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hosting you on our campus very soon!