October 27, 2018
On behalf of PSCFA, I am pleased to invite you to the PSCFA Fall Championship Tournament to be held on the campus of Mt. San Antonio College—November 30-December 2, 2018.
At the Fall Championship Tournament your students will be able to compete in:
* Novice, junior, and senior divisions of NFA-LD and IPDA on Friday, November 30.
* On Saturday, we will offer rookie, novice, junior, and senior divisions of Parliamentary Debate and British parliamentary Debate.
* On Sunday, we will offer novice, junior, and senior divisions of 12 individual events.
All entries are due by 6:00pm on Monday, November 26, 2018. YOU MUST USE THE WEB ENTRY SYSTEM. Visit http://www.forensicstournament.net to enter. Tournament Entry will be available beginning on Monday, November 5th.
A Few Important Reminders:
1) “FRED” Certification: All judges must be certified before judging; uncertified judges will not fulfill your team’s judging commitment. Re-certification must be completed annually. Please have your judges go to http://www.pscfa.org and click on the “FRED” link to certify.
2) Impromptu prompts: Per the discussion at the 2015 Coaches Conference, other prompts besides quotations may be used. These may include: Rhetorical Situations, Ethical Dilemmas, etc…
Attached, please find more detailed tournament information, a description of tournament rules, and procedures and entry forms. Please refer to the PSCFA Handbook for the newest information on Rules, available at http://www.pscfa.org.
If you have any questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hosting you on our campus very soon!