2016 PSCFA COACHES CONFERENCE INVITE
FINAL VERSION – LOTS OF UPDATED INFORMATION
I hope you are all having a wonderful summer. The PSCFA Executive Committee is excited for this upcoming season and we hope you all will be able to attend the Coaches Conference on September 9-11 at Saddleback College in lovely Mission Viejo. Nichole has already sent out a list of hotels in the area and some great restaurants near the campus. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1enLj-q0dSEVrV-h1pLZjiW6TN-dglwQVEZ_aiPoxMro/edit?usp=sharing
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Couple of quick things:
1. Just a reminder there is a $100 School Registration Fee. This is to accommodate hosting costs and food. All leftover money will be donated to the organization. Checks can be made out to PSCFA and paid to our Treasurer, April Griffin.
2. The conference will be held in the BGS building. Room numbers are listed on the schedule below. Address and Parking Info are below.
3. Friday is going to be pizza and games night in the BGS building. Hope to see you there! Saturday will be a coach’s Taco Night and Fun Night at Heidi and Lucas Ochoa’s House. Their address is 27901 Sheffield, Mission Viejo CA 92692.
4. The Saturday panel has been re-worked. It will be discussing a proposed implementation of a PSCFA sexual harassment code and rules. Panel members will be reviewing each guideline, seek suggestions and potential changes from the audience, and discuss other ways in which sexual harassment and other forms of discrimination can be dealt with more effectively in our community. If you have any questions please e-mail Barry, Barry.Regan@gcu.edu
5. If you are interested in the learning about hosting and tournament administration, Danny Cantrell and Rolland Petrello will hosting an excellent panel to help train the next generation of tab staff!
6. Due to room availability and a schedule conflict there have been some changes to the original schedule. Please take note.
7. The school has provided parking passes to conference attendees. A PDF of the parking pass is provided below.
Address and Parking Instructions: The address is 28000 Marguerite Parkway, Mission Viejo, California 92692. The conference will be held in the BGS building so Lot 9 is the best place to park. A campus map is located here:
If you have any questions please let me know!
2016 Coaches Conference Schedule
Friday, September 9th
4:15 – 6:00
BGS 253: New Debate Stuff: Worlds, IPDA, NFALD
– April Griffin, Cerritos College
4:15 – 6:30
BGS 254: Fundraising for Forensics
– Toni Nelson, Bay Area Urban Debate League
BGS 254: – Pizza and Games
Saturday, September 10th
BGS 253: New Judges Orientation
– PSCFA Executive Committee
BGS 254: Finance Meeting
– April Griffin, PSCFA Treasurer
BGS 253: Lobbying for Forensics
– Kathleen Bruce, Delta College
BGS 254: The Fundamentals of Tournament Administration
– Danny Cantrell and Rolland Petrello
12:00-1:30 Lunch Break
BGS 254: Proposing New Ideas
BGS 254: Special Topic: Sexual Harassment Policy
– Tacos and Fun at Heidi and Lucas Ochoa’s House!!!! 27901 Sheffield, Mission Viejo CA 92692.
Sunday, September 11th
9:00am – 12:00
BGS 254: Voting Business Meeting