I hope you are all having a wonderful summer. The PSCFA Executive Committee is excited for this upcoming season and we hope you all will be able to attend the Coaches Conference on September 9-11 at Saddleback College in lovely Mission Viejo. Nichole has already sent out a list of hotels in the area and some great restaurants near the campus. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1enLj-q0dSEVrV-h1pLZjiW6TN-dglwQVEZ_aiPoxMro/edit?usp=sharing
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Couple of quick things:
1. Just a reminder there is a $100 School Registration Fee. This is to accommodate hosting costs and food. All leftover money will be donated to the organization. Checks can be made out to PSCFA and paid to our Treasurer, April Griffin.
2. The conference will be held in the BGS building. Rooms TBD. Address and Parking Info is below.
3. Friday is going to be taco and games night. Hope to see you there! Saturday will be a coach’s dinner and social event.
4. On Saturday there will an important panel from 3:30 – 5:00 on the subject of harassment in forensics. While Barry Regan will be facilitating it, the goal is to have students share their concerns and experiences so that we as a committee have students share their concerns and experiences so that we as a committee can learn about and address potential concerns. If you have any questions or have students who may want to participate please contact Barry, Barry.Regan@gcu.edu
5. If you are interested in the learning about hosting and tournament administration, Danny Cantrell and Rolland Petrello will hosting an excellent panel to help train the next generation of tab staff!
Address and Parking Instructions:
The address is 28000 Marguerite Parkway, Mission Viejo, California 92692.
Unfortunately, parking permits are required and can be purchased at various stations on campus. The conference will be held in the BGS building – rooms TBD – so Lot 9 is the best place to park. A campus map is located here: https://www.saddleback.edu/maps
See you there,
2016 Coaches Conference Schedule
Friday, September 9th
3:00-4:15 New Debate Stuff: Worlds, IPDA, NFALD
– April Griffin, Cerritos College
4:15-5:30 Fundraising for Forensics
– Toni Nelson, Bay Area Urban Debate League
6:00 Tacos and Games
Saturday, September 10th
New Judges Orientation
– PSCFA Executive Committee
Lobbying for Forensics
– Kathleen Bruce, Delta College
– April Griffin, PSCFA Treasurer
The Fundamentals of Tournament Administration
– Danny Cantrell and Rolland Potrello
12:00-1:30 Lunch Break
1:45-3:15 Proposing New Ideas
3:30-5:00 Special Topic: Harassment in Forensics
7:00 Social Gathering TBD
Sunday, September 11th
9:00 – 12:00 Voting Business Meeting