“Charlene Arnold” Spring Championships
January 9, 2017
On behalf of PSCFA, I am pleased to invite you to the PSCFA Fall Championship Tournament to be held on the campus of CSU, Long Beach – February 24-26, 2017.
At the Fall Championship Tournament your students will be able to compete in:
- Novice, junior, and senior divisions of NFA-LD and IPDA on Friday, February 24.
- On Saturday, we will offer rookie, novice, junior, and senior divisions of Parliamentary Debate and British parliamentary Debate.
- On Sunday, we will offer novice, junior, and senior divisions of 12 individual events.
All entries are due by 6:00pm on Monday, February 20th, 2017. YOU MUST USE THE WEB ENTRY SYSTEM. Visit http://www.forensicstournament.net to enter. Tournament Entry will be available beginning on Monday, February 6th.
A Few Important Reminders:
1) “FRED” Certification: All judges must be certified before judging; uncertified judges will not fulfill your team’s judging commitment. Re-certification must be completed annually. Please have your judges go to www.pscfa.org and click on the “FRED” link to certify.
2) Impromptu prompts: Per the discussion at the 2015 Coaches Conference, other prompts besides quotations may be used. These may include: Rhetorical Situations, Ethical Dilemmas, etc…
Attached, please find more detailed tournament information, a description of tournament rules, and procedures and entry forms. Please refer to the PSCFA Handbook for the newest information on Rules, available at www.pscfa.org.
If you have any questions please contact me at email@example.com We look forward to hosting you on our campus very soon!