Information for the 2019 Spring Championship tournament can be found on the invite linked below.
PSCFA “Norene Hokett” Spring Championships
January 11, 2019
On behalf of PSCFA, I am pleased to invite you to the PSCFA Spring Championship Tournament to be held on the campus of Palomar College –February 22-24, 2019.
At the Spring Championship Tournament your students will be able to compete in:
• Novice, junior, and senior divisions of NFA-LD and IPDA on Friday, February 22nd.
• On Saturday, we will offer rookie, novice, junior, and senior divisions of Parliamentary Debate and British parliamentary Debate.
• On Sunday, we will offer novice, junior, and senior divisions of 12 individual events.
All entries are due by 6:00pm on Monday, February 18th, 2017. YOU MUST USE THE WEB ENTRY SYSTEM. Visit http://www.forensicstournament.net to enter. Tournament Entry will be available beginning on Monday, February 4th.
A Few Important Reminders:
1) FLEX TIME has been added to Parliamentary Debate as of the 2018 Coaches Conference. Flex time may be used by the controlling team to prepare arguments, drink water, set up stands, ask questions of their opponents, etc. Flex time may not be used as additional speech time.
- 2) “FRED” Certification: All judges must be certified before judging; uncertified judges will not fulfill your team’s judging commitment. Re-certification must be completed annually. Please have your judges go to http://www.pscfa.org and click on the “FRED” link to certify.
- 3) Impromptu prompts: Per the discussion at the 2015 Coaches Conference, other prompts besides quotations may be used. These may include: Rhetorical Situations, Ethical Dilemmas, etc…
Attached, please find more detailed tournament information, a description of tournament rules, and procedures and entry forms. Please refer to the PSCFA Handbook for the newest information on Rules, available at http://www.pscfa.org.
If you have any questions please contact me at email@example.com We look forward to seeing you at Palomar College very soon!